Website owned and operated by the:
Niagara, St. Catherines & Toronto Railway
Streetcar No. 130 was acquired from the Niagara, St. Catherines and Toronto Railway through the efforts of Ed Ellis (Syracuse Chapter, National Railway Historical Society) and Al Kerr (Buffalo Chapter, National Railway Historical Society) in the summer of 1956. Original plans called for moving the streetcar by rail, like the LE&N Car #797, but it proved easier and cheaper to move it by flat-bed truck.
"The first steam-operating railroad museum in the U.S.A."
Car #130 from the Niagara, St. Catherines and Toronto Railway, a subsidiary of the Canadian National Transportation Limited, on display at Rail City in 1963. [Photograph by Norm Kistner compliments of his son, Erwin Kistner. RCHM Photo Collection.]